(2011-2013 Redistricting Process Flowchart)
This timeline will be updated as dates, times and/or locations of meetings are determined.
- School Board Workshop I
- Broward County School Board finalized redistricting process timeline.
- School Board Redistricting Steering Committee establishes public meeting locations, processes for media notification and works with District staff to draw preliminary alternative maps applying School Board member Redistricting Guiding Principles.
February 2012 to August 2012
May 22, 2012
- School Board Workshop II to include an update on the School Board member redistricting process.
- The committee compares alternative maps to Guiding Principles. Committee reviews, and if necessary the Committee will create or modify alternative maps.
- The committee presents all alternative maps and receives final public input.
- The committee generates a report for the School Board inclusive of the map alternatives review and public comments.
- District staff collects new school board member input on guiding principles from new board member(s) for input and shares results with School Board and redistricting steering committee.
- Redistricting steering committee will include the new school board member(s) guiding principles input and community input when drawing new single member board districts.
- School Board Workshop III to review proposed single-member district maps selecting one to move forward for adoption.
January or February 2013
- School Board hears final community input for the purpose of adopting a resolution in support for a new district map.