Become a Substitute Teacher
The application for substitute teachers is currently open. The current schedule and application deadline dates are outlined below.
Your application must be completed and all required documents submitted by the application deadline date in order to be scheduled for the Substitute Orientation. Once you have completed your application and all required documents are on file, you will receive an email with fingerprint instructions and appointment details.
|Upcoming Substitute Orientations||Application Deadline Date|
Applicants are required to complete all parts of the hiring process listed below. Applicants who do not complete ALL requirements within the timeframe will need to reapply.
Required documents for substitute teaching are outlined below:
Application & Hiring Process:
- Submit an online application for the advertised substitute teacher job posting.
- Complete and upload the Substitute Teacher Training Certificate of Completion (This is a separate document from the Substitute Teacher Certificate). Former substitute teachers, retired teachers, certified teachers, and education majors are exempt from this workshop. Proof is required (e.g. transcript indicating education major or teacher evaluation). Substitute Teacher Training may be completed at one of the following institutes for an approximate cost of $30.
- Traditional training is available at Broward College http://www.broward.edu/academics/ce/Pages/Teacher-Education.aspx
- Online training is available at Ed Training – Introduction to Teaching for Substitute Teacher http://www.edtrainingcenter.com
- If you have limited or no previous work experience, personal references will be accepted.
- If you are currently attending a college/university, references should be from professors and/or instructors.
http://www.brainshark.com/browardschools/vu?pi=zGyzVRdSUz2lQEz0. Upon completion of viewing the brainshark orientation, you will be emailed the certificate of completion. The certificate must be uploaded to your application. Certificate may take 24 to 48 hours to show up in your email.
CLICK HERE to APPLY ONLINE for substitute teaching. Select the Broward County Substitute Teacher job at Talent Acquisition & Operations (Instructional) based on the orientation date.
Required Documents for Substitute Orientation:
|1. Original & Copy of Social Security Card|
|2. Original & Copy of Photo ID (Current Driver's License, Passport, etc.)|
|3. Current Resident Alien Card or Work Permit (if applicable)|
|4. Voided Check. (You will be required to sign up for direct deposit)|
Per Florida Statute 119.071(5), this is to notify you of the purpose for collecting and utilizing your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is a condition of employment at Broward County Public Schools. To protect your identification, Broward County Public Schools will secure your Social Security Number from unauthorized access, and strictly prohibit the release of your Social Security Number to unauthorized parties contrary to state and federal law.
Social Security numbers are collected for legitimate business purposes during the recruitment, selection and hiring process with Broward County Public Schools. Your Social Security Number will be used for completing and processing the following actions: Employment application for determining certification eligibility [1012.56 F.S.], Completion of federal I-9 form for the filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Completion of federal W-4 form for filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Florida Retirement Contribution Report [119.07(5)(a)6.b], and Conducting criminal background screening [1012.56 F.S.]. Your Social Security Number may be used as a unique numeric identification within some of our systems and may be used for search purposes.