THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN BROWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
A substitute teacher should possess a positive attitude, be an excellent communicator, and have superior classroom management and organizational skills.
Required documents for substitute teaching are outlined below:
- Transcripts from an accredited college showing at least 60 semester hours of completed course work.
- Two (2) letters of references. References must be signed and dated. One reference must be from the candidate’s last employer or cooperating teacher (for education graduates). Each reference should be scanned separately and uploaded to the instructional application.
- Substitute Teacher Training Certificate of Completion (This is a separate document from the Substitute Teacher Certificate). If you are an education major or have experience as a teacher or substitute teacher, the substitute training is not required; however, you must provide proof (e.g. transcript indicating education major or teacher evaluation). Substitute Teacher Training may be completed at one of the following institutes for an approximate cost of $25.
- Traditional training is available at Broward College http://www.broward.edu/academics/ce/Pages/Teacher-Education.aspx
- Online training is available at Ed Training – Introduction to Teaching for Substitute Teacher http://www.edtrainingcenter.com
- Substitute Teacher Brainshark Orientation Certificate of Completion. Substitute teachers are required to complete an orientation. Please access the link below to complete the online orientation:
http://www.brainshark.com/browardschools/vu?pi=zGyzVRdSUz2lQEz0. Upon completion of viewing the brainshark orientation, you will be emailed the certificate of completion. The certificate must be uploaded to your application.
- Substitute Teacher Certificate: $20.00 - Payment is required if candidate does not have a valid Florida Educator Certificate or Broward County Substitute Teacher Certificate. Select the payonline button below to complete this transaction.
CLICK HERE to APPLY ONLINE for substiute teaching. Select the Daily Substitute Teacher job at Talent Acquisition & Operations: Instructional
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED WHEN YOU ATTEND A SCHEDULED ORIENTATION:
- Original and copy of a valid Driver’s License
- Original and copy of Social Security Card
- INS Documents (if applicable)
- Voided Check. (You will be required to sign up for direct deposit)
Per Florida Statute 119.071(5), this is to notify you of the purpose for collecting and utilizing your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is a condition of employment at Broward County Public Schools. To protect your identification, Broward County Public Schools will secure your Social Security Number from unauthorized access, and strictly prohibit the release of your Social Security Number to unauthorized parties contrary to state and federal law.
Social Security numbers are collected for legitimate business purposes during the recruitment, selection and hiring process with Broward County Public Schools. Your Social Security Number will be used for completing and processing the following actions: Employment application for determining certification eligibility [1012.56 F.S.], Completion of federal I-9 form for the filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Completion of federal W-4 form for filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Florida Retirement Contribution Report [119.07(5)(a)6.b], and Conducting criminal background screening [1012.56 F.S.]. Your Social Security Number may be used as a unique numeric identification within some of our systems and may be used for search purposes.