We appreciate your interest in seeking employment with Broward County Public Schools. Our web site is designed to assist you with your job search and to ensure that you understand the requirements needed to secure a position.
Must be eligible for a Florida Educator’s Certificate by:
- Completing an approved teacher education program or
- Holding a Florida Educator's Certificate or
- Meeting eligibility requirements for a Florida Educator's Certificate
- An individual who holds an acceptable bachelor's or higher degree in a subject in which Florida offers certification (i.e. Candidate has a major in mathematics, elementary education, political science, etc.).
- An individual who meets specialization (subject content) requirements in a subject in which Florida offers certification. (i.e. Candidate wants to teach math and has a degree in criminal justice. The candidate must have completed the math courses Florida requires to teach math.)
- An individual who presents a passing score on the appropriate Florida subject area exam and holds an acceptable bachelors degree or higher, except in the following areas: Guidance and Counseling, Educational Leadership, Reading, School Psychologist, and Speech-Language Impaired.
- An individual who holds an acceptable valid certificate issued by another state.
Submit an Application & Supporting Documents (2 References & Official Transcripts)
Be a citizen of the United States or hold a valid Authorization for Employment
Pass a security background check
- If you answer “yes” to any of the questions, gather the Police Report and Court Final Disposition for each incident. You will need to supply this information to the Security Clearance Department before you can be processed for hire.
- Personnel Hiring Security Guidelines
Claiming Veteran’s Preference
- All instructional applicants claiming Veteran's Preference are required to submit the Veterans' Preference Claim Form, and attach a copy of Form DD 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) to the electronic application submitted. This will allow each school location with an advertised vacancy to identify and grant preference - Veterans' Preference Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, please access the websites below:
- Broward County Certification/Incentives Department
- Florida Department of Education
- Florida Teaching Certification Examinations (FTCE)
- Standards and Ethics for Florida Educators