Please have the following information available before you begin the on-line application:
- Dates of college attendance and degree conferred.
- Former employers/principals names, addresses, phone numbers, and dates of employment.
- College supervisor and directing teacher names and phone numbers, if applicable.
- Alien number, if applicable.
- Dates, arresting agencies and final disposition of all criminal offences, if applicable.
If you already have an application on file and need to update it for full-time employment, please download the Update Application below:
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: All instructional applicants claiming Veteran's Preference are required to submit the Veteran's Preference Claim Form and attach a copy of the DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) to each resume submitted to each school location that is advertising a position.
Please note that your application is valid for 12 months. It is your responsiblity to update your application to remain active.
Submit Required Credentials
- Official transcripts conferring degree(s) earned and credits completed in order to obtain Florida certification. Your degree must be from an accredited university.
- If you obtained your degree outside the United States, you must have your degree evaluated by a United States accredited agency.
- A minimum of two (2) references is required. References must be from a person who can assess your ability as an educator or attest to your work ethic or character. References must be completed on the Instructional Staffing Reference Form or Company Letterhead. All references must be signed and dated.
- References may be from persons who can assess your ability as an educator (principal, assistant principal, department heads, etc.). After your application is reviewed, additional references may be requested.
- Experienced Teacher:
Submit a reference from each of your principals for the last two (2) years. If you have not taught in the past 2 years, provide a principal reference from your last teaching assignment.
- Recent Education Graduate:
Submit a reference from your Cooperating/Directing Teacher and your Clinical Supervisor or your College Supervisor. (This is required if you have never held a teaching position.)
- No Teaching Experience:
Two references – one must be from your most recent supervisor.
VALID FLORIDA EDUCATOR'S CERTIFICATE OR STATEMENT OF ELIGIBILITY
Teacher candidates who do not currently hold a valid Florida Educator's certificate should apply for a Florida Educator's Certificate.
- Speech/Language Pathologists, Audiologists, School Social Workers, and Family Counselors must submit a copy of current Florida license.
Per Florida Statute 119.071(5), this is to notify you of the purpose for collecting and utilizing your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is a condition of employment at Broward County Public Schools. To protect your identification, Broward County Public Schools will secure your Social Security Number from unauthorized access, and strictly prohibit the release of your Social Security Number to unauthorized parties contrary to state and federal law.
Social Security numbers are collected for legitimate business purposes during the recruitment, selection and hiring process with Broward County Public Schools. Your Social Security Number will be used for completing and processing the following actions: Employment application for determining certification eligibility [1012.56 F.S.], Completion of federal I-9 form for the filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Completion of federal W-4 form for filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Florida Retirement Contribution Report [119.07(5)(a)6.b], and Conducting criminal background screening [1012.56 F.S.]. Your Social Security Number may be used as a unique numeric identification within some of our systems and may be used for search purposes.