Welcome to the Office of Talent Development
- What's New
Continuous Improvement Study Conducted by TNTP
Through the support of The Gates Foundation, Broward County Public Schools is engaging in an opportunity to engage in a comprehensive district continuous improvement study focused on four priority areas: high quality standards aligned instruction, effective instructional leadership practices, quality professional development and district systems that better support instruction. Learn more
Requirement for Renewal of Professional Educator Certificates
These options will meet the requirement for SB1108 and renewal of a teaching certificate. For Information, go to http://www.broward.k12.fl.us/talentdevelopment/html/ese_renewal.html.
THE OFFICE MANAGER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The program for the 2014-2015 year is currently accepting applicants. To view the 2015 flyer announcement, application and to learn more about the program, click here.
BVU IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Courses will be available for registration in
Broward's MyLearningPlan during their registration window. Click to view the BVU Course calendar.
Broward's MyLearningPlan is the district's new professional learning management system. We are no longer using ESS-Professional Development and you will be redirected from ESS-Professional Development to Broward's MLP.
2014 Field Experience Special Recognition Awards
Click to recipients - Award recipients
Collection of 2014-2015 Annual SBBC Notices with important information available all in one location. For details and access, please click here.
Catch Any Webinar Session You May Have Missed
Marzano Center eBook and Webinar Recordings
Dr. Marzano invites you to download their new white paper, Teaching for Rigor: A Call for a Critical Instructional Shift, in which authors Robert J. Marzano and Michael D. Toth provide valuable research-based guidance to help today’s learners become acclimated to more rigorous instruction.
The collection of Marzano Center webinar recordings is up to date! They have added three new recordings to the webinar archive. Now you can access recent sessions, as well as ones from as far back as 2010 - FOR FREE!
The recent updates include:
• Introducing the Marzano Center Essentials for Achieving Rigor (recorded 3/26/2014)
• Monitoring for Student Learning to Implement College and Career Readiness Standards (recorded 2/26/2014)
• Critical Conversations for Growth (recorded 1/29/2014)
• Instructional Coaching Using the Marzano Model (9/30/2013)
If you have not already requested access to our webinar archive, just complete the registration form on iObservation.com and you can start impressing your friends and colleagues with the depth and breadth of your knowledge. Questions? Call at 1.877.411.7114 or contact iObservation. They will also provide copies of the slide presentations and handouts featured in these webinars upon request.
VAM Scores Released by Florida Department of Education
• District Response to DOE VAM Release - Read Now
• Florida DOE website link to view frequently asked questions about VAM:
NEW: AdvancEd (formerly SACS and SACS-CASI) is the accreditation agency for Broward County Public Schools, the nation’s largest fully accredited K-12 school district. Broward County became the first school district to become district-wide accredited school system in 2006 and then the first to achieve this feat a second time in 2011. Broward County Public School is preparing to become the first to achieve district-wide accreditation three times in 2016. For more information, click here.
About Broward County Public Schools (BCPS)
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is the sixth largest public school system in the United States and the second largest in the state of Florida. BCPS is Floridaís first fully accredited school system since 1962. BCPS has over 260,000 students and approximately 175,000 adult students in 237 schools, centers and technical colleges, and 100 charter schools. BCPS serves a diverse student population. Students are from 204 different countries and speak 135 different languages. For more information about BCPS, visit browardschools.com, follow us on Twitter @Browardschools, like us on Facebook at facebook.com/browardschools, and download the free BCPS mobile app.
• Expanding Innovation in the Digital Arts through Digital Learning – During this interactive webinar, learn more about innovative free online courses for high school students that focus on American art and history. These courses enable students to discuss and interpret paintings from the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and other museums throughout the country while also learning about careers in museums. In addition to courses for students, this webinar will discuss online training courses for teachers and resources that will be available for educators in a teachers portal. Webinar presenters will discuss the process of collaborating and designing effective online courses that align with learning outcomes. Webinar participants are encouraged to ask questions and share their own experience with online course design. This webinar will be held from 3:00pm to 4:00pm.
Click to learn more and register now.
• Story Based Webinars – If you are a trainer,virtual presenter,coach, course designer, leader, manager, champion of highly interactive learning, or one who is determined to enhance your skills in designing, delivering and presenting online learning events, this is for you! Click to learn more and register now.
FEBRUARY 17 & 18
• EXPERIENCE DAY – Join Learning Sciences International for Experience Day on February 17 in Jacksonville, Florida or February 18 in Tallahassee. Through focused, hands-on sessions, our experts will help you strengthen your use of instructional strategies that gradually release ownership for the learning to students. Learn effective ways to teach students how to:
• Identify critical content
• Record and represent new knowledge
• Examine similarities and differences
• Generate and test hypotheses
Or, click to learn more about the Tallahassee Event and register now.
JUNE 17 & 19
• BUILDING EXPERTISE 2015 – Join Dr. Marzano on a Journey to Rigor with sessions focused on helping you ensure that your students are well prepared to succeed with rigorous state standards. They have designed this year’s conference to assist educators in supporting alllearners in the demanding academic environment necessary for college and career readiness. Building Expertise 2015isn’t just a three-day learning center. It’s a hub for educators across the nation and around the world to polish their professional practice and build expertise for teaching and learning in the 21st century.
Click to learn more and register now.