Welcome to the Office of Talent Development
- What's New
- PDS Webinars
“By Teachers, For Teachers, With Teachers”
Saturday, May 3, 2014 • 8:00 a.m – 1:00 p.m. • Dillard High School
The Non-Instructional Leadership Development Program
Now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 Year. This 36 week blended-learning program builds frameworks, strategies, and processes for continuous improvement and the building of leadership skills. Click here to learn more about the program.
Catch Any Webinar Session You May Have Missed
Marzano Center eBook and Webinar Recordings
Dr. Marzano invites you to download their new white paper, Teaching for Rigor: A Call for a Critical Instructional Shift, in which authors Robert J. Marzano and Michael D. Toth provide valuable research-based guidance to help today’s learners become acclimated to more rigorous instruction.
The collection of Marzano Center webinar recordings is up to date! They have added three new recordings to the webinar archive. Now you can access recent sessions, as well as ones from as far back as 2010 - FOR FREE!
The recent updates include:
• Introducing the Marzano Center Essentials for Achieving Rigor (recorded 3/26/2014)
• Monitoring for Student Learning to Implement College and Career Readiness Standards (recorded 2/26/2014)
• Critical Conversations for Growth (recorded 1/29/2014)
• Instructional Coaching Using the Marzano Model (9/30/2013)
If you have not already requested access to our webinar archive, just complete the registration form on iObservation.com and you can start impressing your friends and colleagues with the depth and breadth of your knowledge. Questions? Call at 1.877.411.7114 or contact iObservation. They will also provide copies of the slide presentations and handouts featured in these webinars upon request.
Summer Leadership Week 2014
Week of June 9th - 13th
The topic, Visible Learning, is based on the research of Dr. John Hattie. Visible Learning, a school change process, shifts the focus from what teachers are teaching to what students are learning. It is designed to cut through the noise of conflicting demands and mandates and place focus on the practices that are most important to student achievement.
The Visible Learning institute supports school teams comprising the Principal, a Teacher Leader, and an Instructional Coach to implement Dr. John Hattie's work and the Visible Learning approach through a professional development series over two days in June and a follow-up day in October.
Click to view the memo. For additional information, please contact Dr. Sharon Moffitt, Director Leadership Development, at 754-321-5002.
VAM Scores Released by Florida Department of Education
• District Response to DOE VAM Release - Read Now
• Florida DOE website link to view frequently asked questions about VAM:
Online ESE course for 20 points
Online ESE course for 20 points that meets requirement of SB 1108 regarding strategies for instruction of students with disabilities. Click to learn more.
Certification Department Update
ESE Requirement for Renewal - Revised January 14, 2014
Read the memo
Tuition and Fee Waiver for Classroom Teachers
Click to read the memo
Dr. Marcia Tate - 2014 Learning Sessions
The Office of Talent Development takes great pleasure in hosting professional learning sessions with Dr. Marcia Tate. These sessions are scheduled to take place in January and May 2014. Registration is through the Principal of each school. Click to learn more about Dr. Marcia Tate
Certification Department Update
New Requirements for Educators
The attached flyer contains information about a new requirement for educators who renew their Florida professional certificates after July 1, 2014. For more information click here.
Business Practice Bulletin for Professional Development
6 Video Sessions, an E-book, and a Spotlight—All to Help You Implement the Common Core
FREE with your registration, you'll get instant access to six sessions full of best practices, case studies, and keynote presentations focused on implementing the new common core standards. Register now for these sessions streamed on demand.
• Evaluation and Impact of PLCs – Discuss Evaluation and Impact of PLCs. There is no registration. Click here on May 13 at 8:00AM EST to attend the webinar.
• Evaluation and Impact of PLCs – Discuss Evaluation and Impact of PLCs. There is no registration. Click here on May 15 at 3:00PM EST to attend the webinar.
APRIL 24, MAY 1 & MAY 6
• Story-Based Webinars – Now, with "Story-Based Webinars" you’ll learn simple methods to convert your training and presentations into proven and tested Interactive Approaches. You’ll discover how to use Interactive Stories based on real-life events to add meaning, engagement and immediate usefulness to content. Your learners stay focused and involved. They learn and remember your ideas better. Your webinars will become exciting and refreshing. Click to learn more and register now.
• Being a Connected Educator – “I have learned more being on Twitter in six months than in two years of graduate school.” “The connections I’ve made because I am online are crucial to my success in the classroom.” “I don’t know what I did before I was connected!” These are statements we hear every day. Educators from around the world, marveling at the fact that they are connected and those connections carry a great deal of value to them professionally and personally. Historically, collaboration took place when two or more individuals occupied the same space at the same time and exchanged and revised ideas. It has often been said, "In a room full of smart people, the smartest person is the room"! With the technology at hand today, there are no boundaries of time or space with collaboration. The ability we have to connect and work collaboratively, anytime from anywhere, has moved collaboration from a limited mode of learning to a more prominent position. The technology we use for connecting people digitally and virtually through various applications for connections has given collaboration through technology the label of “connected learning”. Join Tom Whitby and Steven Anderson - two of the most prolific users of social media - to discuss what it means to be a connected educator and how being connected empowers educators to do more and learn more. Click to learn more and register now.
Knowledge Advisors - Webinar Series
• KPI's: Storytelling Through Metrics – Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) help you capture the critical data needed to assess your organization’s performance. But no set of key metrics is complete without a way to share it! In this interactive and engaging session, KnowledgeAdvisors’ Talent Analytics experts show you how to effectively blend the worlds of analytics and storytelling, so you can tell the right story with the right metrics. Leveraging scorecards, dashboards, reports, and statements, we’ll simplify your data visualization options to help you determine what’s best for you and your stakeholders. We’ll also share techniques to identify key metrics, along with practical, best-in-class examples to get you started. Click to learn more and register now.
JUNE 18 to JUNE 20
Building Expertise 2014
• 3rd Annual International Marzano Conference for Teacher & Leadership Evaluation – Building Expertise 2014 is the ultimate way for school districts and schools to get a jump-start on professional development for the next year. Send a team of leaders and educators to gather relevant information and experience in their areas of oversight and interest, and then bring them back together to formulate your school and district PD plan for the coming year. Don’t miss the most important conference of the year June 19-21 in Orlando, Florida. These three days could permanently change your school for the better. Click to learn more.
JUNE 24 to JUNE 25
Schoology NEXT 2014
• Unlock Limitless Student Potential – Schoology NEXT 2014 debuts this June 24-25 in Denver, CO, and it is already shaping up to be amazing. Jennie Magiera, the Digital Learning Coordinator for Chicago Public Schools, has joined the keynote speaker lineup alongside Alan November and CEO Jeremy Friedman. These three days could permanently change your school for the better. Click to learn more and register now.
Online and Blended Learning
• 10th Annual Online Learning Institute – Join leaders in online and blended learning for the 10th Annual Online Learning Institute on Tuesday, July 1st from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. during the ISTE Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. Early bird registration is $139 and ends May 1st! After May 1st, the registration fee is $169. Registration is now available at the ISTE registration site. Just add the Online Learning Institute to your conference registration on the Special Events page. Click to learn more and register now.