Topic 5: Five Domains
The Matrix of Services includes domains that are
intended to cover the special services and supports provided in an
- Domain A: Curriculum and Learning Environment
- Domain B: Social/Emotional Behavior
- Domain C: Independent Functioning
- Domain D: Health Care
- Domain E: Communication
Notes and Cautions
- Each student must be scored in all five domains.
- If no service is provided in a domain, it should be scored a "1."
- As noted in the Matrix of Services Handbook, within each domain, when you check services, (italicized terms) please note the last item(s) marked with "➢" lists the documentation required to use that level of service.
- Raters should check all special services that will be provided to students except for:
5. When reviewing the current matrix on the Easy IEPŠ enter the date reviewed and the rater’s name.
- special transportation services
- services that are funded by other agencies or others outside the school district
6. In Easy IEPŠ the total minutes in class with ESE and non-ESE persons is calculated.
7. Easy IEPŠ will calculate the total ratings score for each student, combining the total of the Domain Ratings
and Special Considerations.
Refer to pages 23-24 in the Matrix of Services Handbook.
- Participants will learn the five domains used to rate students.
- Participants will learn the consistent
language that reflects the services provided regarding the educational
program at each level.
This topic has subtopics that contain the objectives. Click on one of the subtopics below to view its objectives.