Some documents require Adobe Reader and Quicktime Player to view. Click below to download
You may be unable to access the pre and post tests, and may see incomplete or inaccurate information on this site, if your computer has been used previously for the child abuse training and it retains traces from the past. To fix this problem, you must take actions while your web browser is open:
· If using Safari, choose "empty cache" under the Safari icon at the top left of the computer screen.
· If using Firefox, choose "clear private data" under the Tools menu at the top. Place a check mark by all items except "saved passwords" and click on "clear private data now".
· If using Internet Explorer, choose Refresh at the top of the computer screen.
· If using Netscape, choose Cookie Manager under the tools menu at the top of the screen. Then choose "block cookies from this site".
1. Complete Pre-Test
2. Work through each section of the Child Abuse Training on this site.
Click on each type of maltreatment at the top of the page and work your way through that section.
Then click on each section down the left side of the page, beginning at the top, and work fully through the section.
The practice Child Abuse
Report Form must be completely filled out with fictitious
counselor’s name, I.D#, time and date of your call, whether the
report was accepted for investigation or not.
Incomplete forms will be returned.
4. Print the Case Example Requirement Form in the Forms section.
5. Read the Case Example Requirement and Case Studies sections to the left. Choose one case study that corresponds to your school level or area of practice:
6. Using the case study that you chose, complete the Case Example Requirement Form and the practice Child Abuse Report Form (based on the case example). The Case Example Requirement Form MUST be reviewed and signed by your child abuse designee.
7. Complete the online Post Test and submit electronically. You must score at least 80% to pass. If necessary, review and retest. Only TWO RETESTS will be permitted. If the third test is failed, the participant will be required to complete either an additional assignment or a written test with Child Abuse Services that will ensure mastery of the material.
8. Print and complete the Evaluation Form in the Forms section.
9. Place the completed Case Example Requirement Form, completed Child Abuse Report Form, and the Evaluation Form in a PONY envelope and send them to Yva Dieudonne at:
Program Manager, Child Abuse Services
Lauderdale Manors Early Learning and Family Resource Center
1400 NW 14th Court
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33311
Make copies of the forms that you submit, in case they are lost in transit.
Your test results will be received automatically as you test. When your correctly completed materials are received and you have passed the Post Test (80% or higher), a Certificate of Completion will be returned to you. Give a copy of this certificate to your administrator to document that you have completed the mandated child abuse training. Your administrator will then sign-off on Competency #13 on the Certification Checklist. If you hold a temporary teaching certificate and you do not complete training and obtain this sign-off, you may be ineligible for re-hire.
COMPLETION REQUIRED BY MARCH 31, 2015
NO MATERIALS OR POST TESTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE
After this date, the test will be closed for the rest of the school year