Welcome to the Pre-K-2 Department
The Pre-K-2 Department is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive early childhood education that addresses children’s educational and developmental needs. The Department's preschool programs provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes physical, social-emotional, and cognitive development of young children while responding to the needs of their families.
Our Department provides 5 distinctive programs for pre-school children:
• Early Head Start (EHS) – offers comprehensive home-based and center-based services to families with infants, toddlers, and pregnant women
• Early Reading First (ERF) – focuses on improving early literacy readiness by providing support for preschool age children, 3-4 years old
• Florida First Start (FFS) - provides home-based services and support to eligible families with pregnant mothers and children birth to age five
• Head Start (HS) – provides comprehensive services to preschool children, 3-4 years old and their families
• Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) – offers a preschool program that is open to all Florida resident children who will turn 4-years-old by September 1st
Each pre-school program has eligibility requirements. Please click on our links to read additional information related to the department's programs..
Early Reading First
Florida First Start