Describe all intervention strategies employed by the school to improve the academic performance of students identified by the early warning system.
Multi-tiered system of support (Mtss)
Early Warning Indicators
- Teacher identifies and reports patterns of behavior, to the respective School Counselor, in the areas of:
- Social skills
- Physical Health
- Rti Team reviews:
- Cumulative File:
- Identify whether problem is recurring or new.
- Review conferences, interim reports from elementary and middle school.
- Review psychological or psychosocial reports when available.
- Guidance completes MTSS Worksheet identifying:
- Health Issues
- Schools Attended History
- Special Programs
- Intervention Options:
- Tier 1 – Universal Level-class-wide strategies for all students.
a. Reading- Universal in all academic classes.
b. Math- Universal in all academic classes.
c. Behavior- Strategies in general education classroom: positive reinforcement, contracting, etc.
Phone call home.
Referral to Guidance/ Administration
2. Tier 2 - Small group or individualized strategies (for at-risk students)
a. Reading- NewsELA
Improving Reading Classes
English 4 for College Readiness
b. Math- Double Block Math Classes
c. Behavior- Mentoring
Weekly Check in/out (designated suppot staff member)
Functional Behavior Assessment (as needed).
3. Tier 3 - Highly individualized strategies (may include special education)
a. Reading- Enrichment/Remediation Camps
b. Math- Enrichment/Remediation Camps
c. Behavior- Daily check- in/out w/AP, Social Workder, Counselor, and other suppot staff