As evidenced in the SES Band Data, which content area(s) will be the focus for improving student achievement and why was this area chosen?
As evidenced in the SES Band Data, ELA will be the content area that will be the focus for improving student achievement and this was chosen because for the past three years our trend data shows that we have be increasing in our proficency, however, our ELA learning gains have been inconsisent.
What specific BEST Practice(s) will be implemented or scaled-up to improve teaching and learning in order to increase performance within the SES Band?
Specific BEST practices that will be implemented or scaled up to improve teaching and learning in order to increase performance within the SES band will include but not limited to the following:
- standards based professional development
- data anaylsis and chats with teachers
- writing professional development
- professional learning communities with a focus on ELA
- Unwrapping the standards professional development
Describe in detail how the BEST Practice(s) will be scaled-up.
- Teachers will participate in a full day of unwrapping the standards professional development developed by our instructional coaches, which the coaches will also infuse a lesson on increasing the complexity and rigor in center and instructional activities.
- Instructional coaches will also model and provide coaching to teachers as well as go through the coaching cycle with teachers especially the teacers in need.
- District teaching and master coaches will be assigned to our new teachers
- Classroom walkthroughs and feedback will be conducted and shared with all teachers.
What specific school-level progress monitoring data is collected and how often?
- School City genereated assessment
- Benchmark Assessment System (BAS)
- i-Ready Diagnostic, Mid, and Winter Assessments
How does the school ensure the fidelity of students not progressing towards school and district goals?
Students are targeted and participate in afterschool tutoring in reading, writing, and math
Students receive either push-in/pull-out support from ESE resource teacher for selected ESE students receiving services
Students recieve additional time of double dosing small group instruction which could be outside of the 90 minute reading block
Students are assigned extra lessons through i-ready
Students receive differentiated small group instruction based on their instructional needs or deficiencies
How does the school ensure that all classroom instruction is accessible to the full range of learners using Universal Designs for Learning (UDL) for effective instructional design (planning) and delivery (teaching)?
Through weekly grade level meetings
Through weekly grade level and content level professional learning communitites
Through data chats with teachers
Through monthly professional development sessions
How does the school ensure Tier 1 Standards-Based classroom instruction is being implemented properly and effectively?
Through classroom walkthroughs
Coaching with teachers
Monitoring assessments and student item anaylsis
Describe texts used for core, supplemental, and intervention programs at each grade level. How does the school ensure students have access to a balance of literary and informational text in a variety of mediums?
Reading Resource Room with a level readers at all levels (k-2)
Ready LAFS book (3-5)
Phonics for Reading (1-5)
Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention System (LLI) (K-2)