Nova High School has received its 10th consecutive "A." We are the only traditional High School in Broward County to have achieved this milestone!
Congratulations to Nova High Faculty, Staff, and Students.
A Certified "A" School
Our Mission: At Nova, We Do The Right Thing.
July 28, 2014
Nova Parents and Guardians:
It is hard to believe that we are gearing up for another school year. It is with great excitement that I welcome you back! As I begin my 15th year at Nova High, I cannot help but feel a true sense of pride over what great success we continue to have in so many areas. I hope our students have had a relaxing and enjoyable summer break and are ready to join me in continuing our vision of making Nova High School the best school in Broward County!
With the growing complexity of the world and the increasing demands of the 21st-century workforce, we believe that all students should graduate from high school fully prepared for college and career. This school year will be a year of transition with regard to curriculum and upcoming assessments. Although students will continue to take end-of-course exams in Algebra 1 and 2, Biology, Geometry and U.S. History; a new set of Florida Standards will be incorporated and assessed at the end of the school year. We are committed to preparing your children for their post-secondary lives.
In closing, do know that you are our customer. If there is anything my staff or I can do to assist you or your child in his/her educational endeavors, do not hesitate to call.
John R. LaCasse
District record....10 straight A's!
Students came together to get a bill passed for democracy in action; a county-wide initiative to get students involved in the political process.
ATTENTION SENIORS: Graduation ticket information – Click here
2015 Graduation DVD
Order your very own graduation DVD and relive this memorable day over and over again.
- Cost $30.00 – The DVD will be shipped to the senior’s address on file.
- Last day to purchase is Friday, June 4th.
Order your DVD here
Senior Final Exam Schedule: May 19-22
Click here for the full schedule
Attention Class of 2016 & 2017 Students!
The University of Florida (UF) has once again partnered with the School Board of Broward County to offer eligible students the opportunity to take Dual Enrollment courses through the University of Florida online catalog in August!! Click here for more information
FREE BREAKFAST PROGRAM
March is National Nutrition Month with School Breakfast highlighted. The Food and Nutrition Services Department will celebrate by piloting the Universal - Free Breakfast Program in all Broward County Public Schools. The Universal - Free Breakfast Program allows students to participate in the breakfast program at no charge, regardless of the student's meal eligibility. This pilot program is scheduled to begin March 16, and end June 4, 2015.
NEW TO NOVA PROCESS (2015-2016)
• Parents will be notified of application status beginning on Monday, March 9, 2015. One letter containing each application status will be mailed to the address in the school system for the applicant via US Mail.
• One email containing each application status will also be sent to the email address provided on the application.
• There will be a New to Nova Parent Night on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 6:30pm in the auditorium for all parents and students who were awarded a spot at Nova High School for the 2015-2016 school year. Please review the information on your acceptance letter for registration information. Also included is information regarding our course selection process and dates to meet with a Certified School Counselor (Tuesday, March 31, 2015 or Thursday, April 2, 2015 from 9:00am to 1:00pm in the auditorium). If you have any questions please contact Ms. Bell at (754)323-1676.
• The registration deadline is Friday, March 20, 2015 at 3:30pm. [Please see your award letter for this process.] Failure to follow this process will result in forfeiture of your awarded seat.
Important New to Nova Documents:
BCPS High Schools Named Among Best in the Nation by
U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is home to several Best High Schools in the nation and state, according to recent rankings by U.S. News & World Report. In all, 13 BCPS high schools received gold, silver, or bronze medals in the U.S. News’ Best High Schools 2014 national ranking.
Broward’s national gold medal recipients are Cypress Bay High School, Pompano Beach High School and Nova High School. The nine high schools receiving national silver medals are McFatter Technical High School, Somerset Arts Conservatory, Stranahan High School, Fort Lauderdale High School, Atlantic Technical Center and High School, Somerset Academy, Pembroke Pines Charter High School, McArthur High School and Miramar High School. In addition, Broward Virtual School received a bronze medal national ranking.
2014 - 2015 Student Code of Conduct
Parents and students, on July 1, the 2014-2015 Code of Student Conduct Handbook will be posted on Broward Schools’ website at http://www.browardschools.com. Parents and students may also access the Code of Student Conduct Handbook through the BEEP Portal or use their smartphones to scan the Quick Response Code (QRC) on any of the Code Book posters displayed throughout a school’s campus.
To view the Code of Student Conduct, Click HERE
Important School Information
BVED Registration Instructions - Click HERE
Preparing for a Computer-based Test (CBT)
If a student would like to review the CBT practice test at home, he/she can download instructions and a practice test (called an “ePAT”) at www.FLAssessments.com/ePAT. These practice tests are available for the FCAT and all EOCs. A student may practice as often as necessary prior to testing. Students may view Tutorials at www.FLAssessments.com/StudentTutorials.
For more information on privacy notices please visit the Broward Schools Web site at http://www.browardschools.com/privacynotices.