Nova High School has received its 10th consecutive "A." We are the only traditional High School in Broward County to have achieved this milestone!
Congratulations to Nova High Faculty, Staff, and Students.
A Certified "A" School
Our Mission: At Nova, We Do The Right Thing.
July 28, 2014
Nova Parents and Guardians:
It is hard to believe that we are gearing up for another school year. It is with great excitement that I welcome you back! As I begin my 15th year at Nova High, I cannot help but feel a true sense of pride over what great success we continue to have in so many areas. I hope our students have had a relaxing and enjoyable summer break and are ready to join me in continuing our vision of making Nova High School the best school in Broward County!
With the growing complexity of the world and the increasing demands of the 21st-century workforce, we believe that all students should graduate from high school fully prepared for college and career. This school year will be a year of transition with regard to curriculum and upcoming assessments. Although students will continue to take end-of-course exams in Algebra 1 and 2, Biology, Geometry and U.S. History; a new set of Florida Standards will be incorporated and assessed at the end of the school year. We are committed to preparing your children for their post-secondary lives.
In closing, do know that you are our customer. If there is anything my staff or I can do to assist you or your child in his/her educational endeavors, do not hesitate to call.
John R. LaCasse
District record....10 straight A's!
Students came together to get a bill passed for democracy in action; a county-wide initiative to get students involved in the political process.
Single Gender Student/Parent Informational Meeting
Wednesday, March 4, 2015 @ 6pm [Media Center] - flyer attached
New to Nova Parent Night
Wednesday, March 18, 2015 @ 6:30pm [Auditorium]
Student Government Election Information
School wide election will be held on Friday, April 10, 2015
- Election Paperwork/Speeches Due: Friday, March 19th
- Leadership Applications Due: Friday, April 10th
- Campaign Week: Monday, April 6th – Friday, April 10th
****All paperwork is due to Mrs. Bohan in T6 by the appropriate deadline
Return on Investment in Career and Technical Industry Certifications
Students attending Broward County Public Schools have the opportunity to earn numerous nationally recognized industry certifications through enrollment in Career Technical Education courses (CTE) offered in our high schools. There are a variety of innovative, career focused programs offered, and students can earn a number of nationally recognized industry certifications and become eligible for the Merit Designation on their high school diploma upon graduation.
Click on the links below for more information on CTE programs:
NEW TO NOVA PROCESS (2015-2016)
• Parents will be notified of application status beginning on Monday, March 9, 2015. One letter containing each application status will be mailed to the address in the school system for the applicant via US Mail.
• One email containing each application status will also be sent to the email address provided on the application.
• There will be a New to Nova Parent Night on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 6:30pm in the auditorium for all parents and students who were awarded a spot at Nova High School for the 2015-2016 school year. Please review the information on your acceptance letter for registration information. Also included is information regarding our course selection process and dates to meet with a Certified School Counselor (Tuesday, March 31, 2015 or Thursday, April 2, 2015 from 9:00am to 1:00pm in the auditorium). If you have any questions please contact Ms. Bell at (754)323-1676.
• The registration deadline is Friday, March 20, 2015 at 3:30pm. [Please see your award letter for this process.] Failure to follow this process will result in forfeiture of your awarded seat.
Important New to Nova Documents:
Senior Grad Bash Trip
- Date: April 24, 2015
- Destination: Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
- Price: $125.00
- See Mrs. Bohan if interested in purchasing a ticket
Criteria for purchasing a Grad Bash ticket:
1) Minimum 20 community service hours completed
2) At least 30% complete with online class graduation requirement
3) Must be in good behavioral standing
4) No obligations
There is a district boundary proposal for next school year that affects the Nova Zone. A description of this proposal is:
Creates a priority choice zone conforming to the attendance area of Davie Elementary School so that all fifth grade students matriculating from Davie Elementary School and living within this zone would continue to be assigned to either New River Middle School or Driftwood Middle School, depending on address, but would have the choice of attending Nova Middle School.
This proposal could adversely affect our current lottery system and postpone our student pulls. The county is now asking for input - please click HERE
Saturday Academy Application - Click HERE
Saturday Academy Bus Schedule - Click HERE
BCPS High Schools Named Among Best in the Nation by
U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is home to several Best High Schools in the nation and state, according to recent rankings by U.S. News & World Report. In all, 13 BCPS high schools received gold, silver, or bronze medals in the U.S. News’ Best High Schools 2014 national ranking.
Broward’s national gold medal recipients are Cypress Bay High School, Pompano Beach High School and Nova High School. The nine high schools receiving national silver medals are McFatter Technical High School, Somerset Arts Conservatory, Stranahan High School, Fort Lauderdale High School, Atlantic Technical Center and High School, Somerset Academy, Pembroke Pines Charter High School, McArthur High School and Miramar High School. In addition, Broward Virtual School received a bronze medal national ranking.
2014 - 2015 Student Code of Conduct
Parents and students, on July 1, the 2014-2015 Code of Student Conduct Handbook will be posted on Broward Schools’ website at http://www.browardschools.com. Parents and students may also access the Code of Student Conduct Handbook through the BEEP Portal or use their smartphones to scan the Quick Response Code (QRC) on any of the Code Book posters displayed throughout a school’s campus.
To view the Code of Student Conduct, Click HERE
Important School Information
BVED Registration Instructions - Click HERE
Preparing for a Computer-based Test (CBT)
If a student would like to review the CBT practice test at home, he/she can download instructions and a practice test (called an “ePAT”) at www.FLAssessments.com/ePAT. These practice tests are available for the FCAT and all EOCs. A student may practice as often as necessary prior to testing. Students may view Tutorials at www.FLAssessments.com/StudentTutorials.
For more information on privacy notices please visit the Broward Schools Web site at http://www.browardschools.com/privacynotices.