Sub Facilities Serviceperson
Applicants interested in Sub Facilities Serviceperson positions may apply in person by visiting the Employment Center at 600 SE 3rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 between the hours of 8am - 4:30pm.
New Procedure for Fingerprinting
All newly hired candidates must undergo a security background check. You will be required to register online for an appointment for fingerprinting within 24 hours once you have completed your employment paperwork in the Employment Center. Registration information for fingerprinting will be provided at that time.
Requirements Needed for Processing
- High School Diploma High or satisfactory completion of an approved General Educational Development (GED) Testing Program.
- State issued driver's license, state issued photo ID, Permanent Resident Card, U.S. Passport
- Original signed social security card with correct name
- Original Work Authorization Documents (Resident Card or Work Permit), if applicable
- Savings/Checking account information for mandatory direct deposit: account and routing number or voided check preferred
All Applicants Must Meet the Following Criteria
- No experience necessary
- Able to perform custodial work.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions on cleaning and equipment operation.
- Able to work well with others.
For additional questions regarding items needed for processing, contact the employment center at (754) 321-2369.
- How to Write a Resume
- Interview Techniques
- Non-Instructional Resources
- Information on obtaining a General Education Diploma (GED) or registering for GED Preparation course, please visit:
Foreign Educated Applicants
Applicants with academic training and degrees granted outside the United States MUST submit a credential evaluation report that includes a statement of degree equivalency and a breakdown of the coursework and semester hour credits. Any academic traning, diploma, or degree granted from Puerto Rico must be translated to English. An accredited two or four year college or university in the U.S., or a credential evaluation agency can provide this report. A partial list of approved agencies is found here.
All materials submitted become the property of the Talent Acquisiton & Operations Department, will not be returned to the applicant, and are subject to the Florida Sunshine Statutes.
Per Florida Statute 119.071(5), this is to notify you of the purpose for collecting and utilizing your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is a condition of employment at Broward County Public Schools. To protect your identification, Broward County Public Schools will secure your Social Security Number from unauthorized access, and strictly prohibit the release of your Social Security Number to unauthorized parties contrary to state and federal law.
Social Security numbers are collected for legitimate business purposes during the recruitment, selection and hiring process with Broward County Public Schools. Your Social Security Number will be used for completing and processing the following actions: Employment application for determining certification eligibility [1012.56 F.S.], Completion of federal I-9 form for the filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Completion of federal W-4 form for filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Florida Retirement Contribution Report [119.07(5)(a)6.b], and Conducting criminal background screening [1012.56 F.S.]. Your Social Security Number may be used as a unique numeric identification within some of our systems and may be used for search purposes.