District Administrative Application Procedures
Broward County Public Schools has implemented a new web-based application system (AppliTrack), for all District Administrative positions. Candidates interested in district administrative positions must complete the on-line application and upload all required documents. District administrative positions will be advertised on AppliTrack. Hard copy applications and resumes will not be accepted.
To get started, you will need to access the electronic AppliTrack or copy and paste in to your web browser: http://www.applitrack.com/broward/onlineapp/. Once there, under "Job Applicants" select "Start an application for employment." On the right side, under "Activities for You" select "START - Begin the Process". You will complete user information and create a password (to begin a candidate profile). Your "User ID" will be the email address you enter. Your email address will be used to communicate with you.
After you complete the application, you will want to visit often to review "District Administrative Vacancies."
Listed below is information and documents that will be required when you complete the on-line application. It is recommended that you have this information prior to beginning your application.
- Education and Professional Training Dates
- Employment History
- Conferred Transcripts with a Graduation Date
- Former Employers'/Principals' Names, Addresses, Phone Numbers, Email Addresses and Dates of Employment
- Your Salary for Each Employer
- Two Current Professional References
- Professional Certifications or Licenses
- Current Resume
- Veterans' Preference Claim Form & DD Form 214 - if claiming Veterans' Preference
All required documents must be uploaded as part of the on-line application process. Applicants may upload up to a 2MB file (types: doc, txt, jpg, pdf, and other common formats). When scanning a document for upload, we suggest you scan the file at 100 DPI and in black and white to reduce the file size.
- Must be up to date and include all your work experiences. Any gaps in employment must be indicated on the application in the section titled “Breaks in Employment.”
- Transcripts conferring degree(s) earned and credits completed. Official transcripts will be required if you are selected for the position. Your degree must be from an accredited university.
- If position does not require a college degree, you must upload at least your high school diploma
- Applicants with academic training and degrees granted outside the United States MUST submit a credential evaluation report that includes a statement of degree equivalency and a breakdown of the coursework and semester hour credits. An accredited two or four year college or university in the U.S., or a credential evaluation agency can provide this report. A partial list of approved agencies is found at www.naces.org.
- Current SBBC employees do not need to submit official transcripts if highest degree is documented in the BRITE/SAP. However, please follow the below instructions to access and upload education requirements:
- Access: http://www.broward.k12.fl.us/erp/
- Login using your User ID and Password by clicking "ESS/ERP LOGIN."
- Click on Employee Self-Service, the "Overview" section will open.
- Click on "Career and Job," and then select "Education and Instructional Info."
- Print the "Education" listed, and upload as an attachment to AppliTrack.
Professional Certifications or Licenses
- Special certifications (such as First Aid/CPR), professional licenses (such as Educator Certifications, Registered Nurse, Architect), etc.
Two Employment References
- References must be from a person who can assess your ability as an administrator or attest to your work ethic and character. After your application is reviewed, additional references may be requested. References should be completed on the organization's letterhead and must include the name, signature, and contact information for the person completing the reference as well as the date the reference was completed.
- If you are recommended for a position, a reference from your most current supervisor will be required.
Application and Hiring Process
- Login to AppliTrack and complete the on-line application and upload required documents.
a. When you complete the application, you will be able to indicate “types of positions” you may be interested in (i.e. Finance, HR, etc.).
- Review the District Administrative Vacancies posted on-line.
- Review the job description to verify you qualify for the position.
- Modify your application and select specific positions during the advertisement period.
- After the position closes, the Talent Acquisition & Operations Department will review all the applications submitted to verify eligibility. You will receive a confirmation email from AppliTrack after your application has been successfully submitted.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted (2-8 weeks after position has closed).
- Selection team selects a finalist(s) to be recommended.
- Talent Acquisition & Operations completes background check, request information (i.e. W2, etc). Hiring supervisor of selected candidate(s) is contacted.
- Recommended candidate’s name is submitted to the Regular School Board Meeting for approval.
- Mailed, faxed, emailed, or hand delivered applications will not be considered. All applicants are required to submit their application and required documents via AppliTrack. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- All materials submitted become the property of the Talent Acquisition & Operations Department, will not be returned to the applicant, and are subject to the Florida Sunshine Statutes.
- You will receive a confirmation email from AppliTrack after your application has been successfully submitted. The applicant profile will only need to be completed once; however, specific positions may request additional information.
- Remember to keep your applicant profile updated via AppliTrack.
Foreign Educated Applicants
Applicants with academic training and degrees granted outside the United States MUST submit a credential evaluation report that includes a statement of degree equivalency and a breakdown of the coursework and semester hour credits. Any academic traning, diploma, or degree granted from Puerto Rico must be translated to English. An accredited two or four year college or university in the U.S., or a credential evaluation agency can provide this report. A partial list of approved agencies is found here.
All materials submitted become the property of the Talent Acquisiton & Operations Department, will not be returned to the applicant, and are subject to the Florida Sunshine Statutes.
Per Florida Statute 119.071(5), this is to notify you of the purpose for collecting and utilizing your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is a condition of employment at Broward County Public Schools. To protect your identification, Broward County Public Schools will secure your Social Security Number from unauthorized access, and strictly prohibit the release of your Social Security Number to unauthorized parties contrary to state and federal law.
Social Security numbers are collected for legitimate business purposes during the recruitment, selection and hiring process with Broward County Public Schools. Your Social Security Number will be used for completing and processing the following actions: Employment application for determining certification eligibility [1012.56 F.S.], Completion of federal I-9 form for the filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Completion of federal W-4 form for filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Florida Retirement Contribution Report [119.07(5)(a)6.b], and Conducting criminal background screening [1012.56 F.S.]. Your Social Security Number may be used as a unique numeric identification within some of our systems and may be used for search purposes.