Computer Keyboard Skills Test
Computer Keyboard Skills Test Procedures & Information
Prior to applying for any clerical vacancy that requires the computer keyboard skills test, the applicant must be qualified for the position through the district's specific computer keyboard skills test before the vacancy deadlines. The passing score for the computer keyboard skills test is 40wpm with 70% accuracy. Click here to view the list of positions which require the computer keyboard skills test.
Current employees are encouraged to register for the test if they have not passed the computer keyboard skills test in the past. If you have taken and passed the test in the past, your scores do not expire.
How to Register to Take the Test
If you have previous passing test scores on file with the district, you do not need to retest. Prior passing scores do not expire. Before registering, check the Testing Updates section below.
Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Legal First Name & Last Name (As shown on your social security card)
Requested Test Site
Requested Test Date* (check Testing Updates below before selecting a date)
Current Contact Number
IMPORTANT INFORMATION (Please read)
***After 3 consecutive NO SHOWS, your next registration will be placed on standby***
- To expedite the registration process, note in the subject of your email your initial test date and location. You may include additional choices in your request should your first choice not be available. There is no fee to register for the computer keyboard skills test.
- You must select a specific date to test based on the test site's testing schedule. Invalid requests will not be processed.
- You may not register on behalf of another individual. You may not register for more than one location at a time.
- Due to the volume of registration requests, all requests should be made at least 3 business days in advance. We are not able to process requests the day before the test date nor the same day of the test.
- i.e.: If you are requesting to test on Monday at McFatter Technical College, the request must be sent no later than Wednesday by the close of business 5pm..
- During the summer months (June - August) all schools and district offices will be closed on Fridays., except for summer school sites. Requests will not be processed on Fridays.
- Testing Coordinators reserve the right to VOID any test result obtained by breaching the district's code of ethics.
Confirmation & Notification
* Requests are processed in the order of receipt. Confirmations and notifications regarding requests will be processed 2 business days prior to testing (excluding recognized holidays). You are not registered for testing until you receive a confirmation email.
Test Sites & Days
The computer keyboard skills test is administered weekly at the following 3 locations:
Atlantic Technical College
Capacity level = 18
McFatter Technical College
Mondays Only - 2:15 pm
Capacity level =10
Sheridan Technical College
Thursdays Only - 3:45 pm
Capacity level = 24
Testing Updates (No Testing on the dates below)
There will be no testing on the following dates and test sites listed below:
- McFatter Tehcnical College - 5/29/2017 - HOLIDAY
Capacity reached for the following locations and dates:
- McFatter Technical College - 2/27/2017 - Filled to Capacity
If you have submitted a request for these dates and do not receive a confirmation email before the day of testing, you will need to reschedule. Last Updated 2/22/2017.
Requirements for Testing
- Must bring confirmation email to testing location
- Children are not permitted at the testing site
- Arrive 15 minutes before test time (late arrivals are not permitted to test)
- Must have a valid government photo identification (state identification, driver's license, passport, etc...)
- You will be required to enter your social security number to begin testing. (See Important Notice)
Requesting a Copy of Previous Passing Test Scores
- Copies of your passing keyboard test scores must be requested by emailing email@example.com with the following information:
- Legal First Name
- Legal Last Name (used during testing)
- Previous Test Site & Date
- Current Contact Number
- Personnel # if applicable
- Indicate “Copy of test scores” in the subject area of your email
- Additional information may be required to verify test results
- Please allow 48 hours for a confirmed response of valid test scores on file. Test scores will be available for pickup with proper identification upon request and confirmation at our downtown office.
- Current employees should provide their Personnel Number when requesting scores.
- Original passing computer keyboard skills test scores must be retained by the individual.
Per Florida Statute 119.071(5), this is to notify you of the purpose for collecting and utilizing your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is a condition of employment at Broward County Public Schools. To protect your identification, Broward County Public Schools will secure your Social Security Number from unauthorized access, and strictly prohibit the release of your Social Security Number to unauthorized parties contrary to state and federal law.
Social Security numbers are collected for legitimate business purposes during the recruitment, selection and hiring process with Broward County Public Schools. Your Social Security Number will be used for completing and processing the following actions: Employment application for determining certification eligibility [1012.56 F.S.], Completion of federal I-9 form for the filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Completion of federal W-4 form for filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Florida Retirement Contribution Report [119.07(5)(a)6.b], and Conducting criminal background screening [1012.56 F.S.]. Your Social Security Number may be used as a unique numeric identification within some of our systems and may be used for search purposes.