Library Media Services
The overall mission of the Library Media Services seeks to provide all schools the leadership, support, and resources needed to:
- Ensure equitable access to standards-based instructional materials, including school library media collections, and resources that support all curriculum areas in diverse formats to meet student academic, informational, and recreational needs.
- Ensure equitable access to information technology in an environment that is safe and conducive to learning.
- Provide leadership to initiate and sustain collaborative planning and teaching which integrate multiple literacies - information literacy, digital, visual, textual, and technological - into the curriculum.
- Promote the use of engaging technologies in collaborative, inquiry-based learning environments.
- Improve student reading skills by providing library media specialists with print, nonprint, and electronic resources.
- Offer guidance in developing reading motivation programs and materials.
- Support and provide professional growth opportunities through diverse delivery formats.
- Provide leadership in evaluating and improving library media programs.
- Promote the library media professional and the value of school library media programs in the learning.
- Assist and support the use of Folletís Destiny Library Management System.