HOW TO BECOME A SPECIAL EVENTS PROVIDER FOR AFTER CARE
- All Special Event Providers will need to meet the following guidelines if the service your company provides requires you or your employees to be left alone with students, you are paid by the parents of the program, and or you lease a room, field or multiple areas.
- Minimum Insurance Coverage and Requirements for Special Event Providers of After Care Services
Proof of the following insurance will be furnished by any Special Event Provider to the Board by Certificate of Insurance within 15 days of notification by SBBC.
Special Event Provider shall be responsible for providing written notification to the SBBC 30 days in advance of cancellation, expiration, reduction in coverage limits or any material change in the specified coverage required to maintain badge requirements.
The insurance policies shall be issued by companies qualified to do business in the State of Florida. The insurance companies must be rated at least A- VI by AM Best or Aa3 by Moody's Investor Service. The certificate must contain a provision for written notification to the SBBC in accordance with policy provisions as outlined in the current ISO Accord 25 (2009/09) form; or should older ISO versions be available provide a minimum of 30-days notice of material changes or cancellation to SBBC. All required liability policies shall be endorsed to be primary of all other valid and collectable coverage maintained by the School Board of Broward County, Fl and must be indicated on the Certificate of Insurance. All policies must remain in effect during the performance of any services.
Minimum Insurance Required:
- Worker's Compensation in accordance with Chapter 440, Florida Statutes and Employer's Liability Insurance.
- Auto Liability Insurance covering all owned (if applicable), non-owned and hired vehicles with bodily injury and property damage limits of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence Combined Single Limit.
- General Liability Insurance with limits of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence for Bodily Injury and Property Damage. The School Board of Broward County, Florida shall be listed as an Additional Insured.
- Once you have all of the above insurance certificates, fax them to Risk Management, Attention: Suet Cheung, 754-321-1919.
Please include your “email address” with your fax. All correspondence from the Risk Management department will be in email form for tracking purposes.
The Before and After School Child Care department will be notified once you have met Risk Management requirements.Once all submitted insurance documents have been approved, you must complete the application for a Company Identification Number (CIN), from the Before and After School Child Care (BASCC) department. Complete and fax your request to 754-321-3333 to receive your CIN number.
- With a CIN your company representative may now proceed to the badging company (L-1 Identity Solutions) online and apply for a badge. The badge is used by either yourself and/or employees, which will be left alone with children.
The CIN is assigned to the company, not the owner of the company, and will be used by every representative of the company.
- If the services of your company does not require you or your employees to be left alone with children at any time.
You will need to directly contact the school you are interested in providing your company's service. Speak with the principal or after care program supervisor about offering the services of your company. On the day you arrive to provide the service for the school, you will need to arrive before the close of the school day and go through the STAR system for security clearance. You or your employees may not be left alone at any time with children
©2012 Broward County Public Schools