|Approval/Signature of Grants and Contracts|
1. ALL grant applications seeking funds, equipment, materials, or services from external grantor agencies MUST:
Be approved by the School Board - refer to (5) below
2. ALL contracts with external funding agencies that will result in the receipt of funds MUST:
3. This applies to all grant applications and
contracts initiated by individual schools, groups of schools
or district departments and submitted to external funding agencies.
District department heads and principals are not authorized
to sign as the authorized official/chief executive officer on
grant applications or contracts. The principal may sign if the
application form(s) specifically request it.
4. Grant applications for internal school district
funds (district grants), such as Teacher Directed Improvement
Fund grants, do not require School Board approval or the Superintendent's
signature since they do not create an obligation between the
school system and an external funding agency.
5. For grant applications requesting
funds from external funding agencies, an Agenda Request Form
and executive summary must be prepared. For contracts with external
agencies that will result in the receipt of funds, an Agenda
Request Form must be prepared. The Grants
Administration & Government Programs Department prepares the Agenda Requests Forms and executive summaries for
school-based grant awards and applications, and can assist Departments
in preparing their forms.
6. Required Signatures for Grant Application Forms: Grant application forms vary from one funding agency to another, however, signature lines on grant forms often require the signature of one of the following:
In each of these cases, the Superintendent is the ONLY authorized official to sign. The Grants Administration & Government Programs Department obtains Superintendent's signature on behalf of schools and departments.