Part-Time Enrollment Information
Broward Virtual Part-Time Registration Timeline.
August 2013 to June 2014
Registration is open for part-time students. Course enrollment is subject to availability. If Broward Virtual School courses are full, students may register with Florida Virtual School. Florida Virtual School accepts course requests all year round. Broward Virtual School is a franchise partner of Florida Virtual School, so the courses are exactly the same.
Criteria for Enrollment:
In order to take courses as a part-time student with Broward Virtual School or Florida Virtual School you must:
1. Not be registered in any school. Students presently enrolled in a public or private school must withdraw from school prior to registering as a home school student with Broward County Public Schools.
2. Register with the Broward County Home School Department. Call 754-321-2586 for information or visit
3. Reside in Broward County.
4. Have daily access to a computer with dependable high speed Internet access.
Broward Virtual School and Florida Virtual School offer courses to home school students, but are not responsible for promoting students to the next grade level. Parents / guardians of home school students are required to turn in their yearly evaluation by a certified teacher to the District's Home School Department. Home school students are not required to participate in state assessments.
Home School students are not awarded a high school diploma upon completion of course work.
1. Watch this quick video for instructions to complete an account in Virtual School Administrator: http://breeze.flvs.net:9090/applyforadmission1/
2. Watch this quick video for instructions to select courses: http://breeze.flvs.net:9090/requestcourses/
3. Download these directions for reference: Virtual School Administrator Directions
4. For technical assistance, call Florida Virtual School directly at 1-866-322-8324 (toll free).