AdvancEd (formerly SACS and SACS-CASI) is the accreditation agency for Broward County Public Schools, the nation’s largest fully accredited
K-12 school district. Broward County became the first school district to become district-wide accredited school system in 2006 and then the
first to achieve this feat a second time in 2011. This plan will prepare Broward County Public School to become the first school to achieve
district-wide accreditation three times in 2016.
In October of 2011 we hosted a 50-member accreditation team that brought in educational experts from around the country. The team spent 3 days
in Broward completing a comprehensive review of our system, interviewed over 1600 staff members and stakeholders and reviewed hundreds of our
documents. The exit report announced another 5 years of accreditation and validated the quality of our school system.
The district-wide accreditation process involves the following:
- a 5 year cycle where we host an external review of our school system
- provide a mid-cycle (2 ½ year) progress report
- conduct an internal review
- complete the cycle by hosting another accreditation visit at the end of 5 years
- after each accreditation visit the visiting team leaves commendations (accomplishments) and required actions for continuous improvement.
Broward County will continue to strive for excellence in education. District Accreditation as a Quality System has validated
Broward County's outstanding accomplishments as well as recognize the efforts of every Broward County School District employee.